How do you deliver enterprise-class security for small offices while meeting their network, budgetary, and performance requirements? With Cisco® ASA CX 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls (ASA CX). They combine proven stateful inspection firewall features with the ASA CX Context-Aware suite of next-generation firewall services for networks of all sizes: small and midsize businesses with one or more locations, large enterprises, service providers, and mission-critical data centers. The Cisco ASA CX firewalls deliver:
- Scalable performance
- Industry-leading service flexibility
- Modular scalability
- Feature extensibility
- Low deployment and operational costs
Before you add these services to the Cisco ASA 5500-X Series or purchase the ASA 5500-X Series, consider our newest offering, the Cisco ASA with FirePOWER™ Services. For a similar price, you can get proven ASA firewall protection combined with industry-leading Sourcefire® threat and advanced malware protection (AMP) in a single device.
Features and Benefits
Available in a wide range of sizes, Cisco ASA CX models provide the same level of security that protects the networks of some of the largest and most security-conscious companies in the world. They also provide Cisco ASA CX series next-generation firewall services, which include Cisco Application Visibility and Control (AVC), web security, botnet filtering, and intrusion prevention, so you can add these security features to new applications and devices in your network.
Cisco ASA CX 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls for small offices and branch locations protect critical assets in several ways:
- Exceptional next-generation firewall services provide the visibility and detailed control that your enterprise needs to safely take advantage of new applications and devices.
- Cisco AVC controls specific behaviors within allowed microapplications.
- Cisco Web Security Essentials (WSE) restricts web and web application use based on the reputation
of a site.
- Broad and deep network security through an array of integrated cloud- and software-based next-generation firewall services is backed by Cisco Security Intelligence Operations (SIO).
- A highly effective intrusion prevention system (IPS) is provided with Cisco Global Correlation.
- A high-performance VPN and always-on remote access are included.
- Additional security services can be implemented quickly and easily in response to changing needs.