TRENDnet TPE-2840WS Specifications
TRENDnets 28-Port Gigabit Web Smart PoE+ Switch, model TPE-2840WS, offers 4 x Gigabit PoE+ ports (Ports 1-4 802.3at), 20 x Gigabit PoE ports (Ports 5-24 802.3af), 4 x SFP slots, and a PoE Power budget of 185 Watts. This IPv6 ready switch offers advanced traffic management, troubleshooting, access control, energy saving GREENnet, and monitoring features at a reduced cost.|
- 56 Gbps switching capacity
- Private/Voice VLAN, QoS, and bandwidth controls
- Smart fans reduce energy consumption
- Rack mount brackets included
In the box
- Multi Language Quick Installation Guide
- CD-ROM (Utility & Users Guide)
At a Glance
- ETHERNET PORT INTERFACE: 24 x Gigabit PoE+ Ports, 4 x Shared Gigabit ports (RJ-45 or SFP)
- FULL POE+ POWER BUDGET & SWITCHING CAPACITY: The Web Smart PoE+ switch has a 185W PoE power budget that supplies PoE+ (up to 30 W) per port and features 56Gbps switching capacity
- WEB SMART MANAGEMENT: The 28 Port Switch provides an easy to use web-based GUI management for reduced switch configuration complexity and offers a combination of more commonly used SMB management features for easy deployment.
- INTEGRATION FLEXIBILITY: The PoE+ network switch managed features include access control lists, VLAN, IGMP snooping, QoS, RMON, SNMP trap and syslog for monitoring and flexible network integration.
- TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT: This web smart Ethernet switch has a broad range of network configurations that are support by: 802.3ad link aggregation, Asymmetric VLAN, 802.1Q VLAN, Voice VLAN, GVRP, 802.1p Class of Service (CoS), and QoS queue scheduling
- REMOTE CLOUD MANAGEMENT: TRENDnet's cloud service Hive, allows you to remotely manage, configure, and easily diagnose this web smart switch all from the palm of your hand.(Additional fee applies)
- TRENDNET HIVE: The advanced network cloud management solution designed to save users on both time and cost by simplifying and centralizing the management and monitoring of a network(s) and networked devices. Monitor and download detailed usage reports, both at the account and device levels. Easily locate data bottlenecks, and expand the network to improve overall productivity
- TROUBLESHOOTING CAPABILTIES: The network switch provides real time traffic comparison charts, error group charts, and a convenient cable diagnostic test that aides in rapid troubleshooting.
- TRENDnet LIFETIME PROTECTION: All metal TRENDnet switches come with lifetime manufacturer protection.
- NDAA / TAA compliant (U.S. and Canada only)
TRENDnet's Gigabit Web Smart PoE+ Switch series offers advanced L2+ features with enhanced traffic management controls to meet the evolving demands of SMB networks. This rack mountable IPv6-ready managed switch comes with an intuitive web-based interface. Advanced managed switch features include LACP to increase bandwidth between switches by grouping ports together, VLANs for segmenting and isolating virtual LAN groups, QoS for traffic prioritization, port bandwidth controls, and SNMP monitoring, making this a powerful solution for any SMB network. Improve voice performance by isolating and prioritizing VoIP traffic from normal data traffic with an easy-to-use voice VLAN feature.
Free up router resources by offloading routing processes to this managed switch by using the L2+ IPv4/IPv6 static routing feature to efficiently route traffic at the switch level. The dynamic ARP inspection feature helps protect connected devices from man-in-the-middle attacks by discarding malicious and invalid ARP packets. Take advantage of the available multicast and IGMP/MLD snooping features to optimize IP surveillance system performance, and minimize network traffic. TRENDnet's web smart managed switches also feature SFP slots to support long-distance fiber networking applications.
Installers and integrators can save on equipment costs and reduce installation time with TRENDnet's Web Smart PoE+ Managed Switches by delivering up to 30W per port of PoE power and data over existing Ethernet cables. With PoE technology, users only need one set of cables to deliver both data and power. With this PoE+ managed switch, network PoE devices, such as high-power wireless access points, PTZ and other advanced IP cameras, VoIP phone systems, IPTV decoders, access controls, and more.
Easily manage and configure TRENDnet's Web Smart PoE+ Managed Switch Series remotely by updating switches to the latest firmware for access to TRENDnet Hive. TRENDnet Hive is a network cloud manager that reduces management time and cost. No additional hardware, server, or personal cloud is required on these cloud managed switches with TRENDnet's reliable cloud service.
- NDAA / TAA compliant (U.S. and Canada only)
More from the Manufacturer
- Web-based Management
- SNMP v1, v2c, v3
- RMON v1
Additional Product Images
|Product Name||28-Port Gigabit Web Smart PoE+ Switch|
|Product Type||Ethernet Switch|
|Ethernet Technology||Gigabit Ethernet|
|Number of Total Expansion Slots||4|
|Media Type Supported||Twisted Pair|
|Total Number of Network Ports||28|
|PoE (RJ-45) Port||No|
|Expansion Slot Type||SFP|
|Power Source||Power Supply|
|Compatible Rack Unit||1U|
|Number of SFP Slots||4|
|Shared SFP Slot||Yes|
|Port / Expansion Slot Details||24 x Gigabit Ethernet Network|
4 x Gigabit Ethernet Expansion Slot
|Country of Origin||China|
- 28-Port Gigabit Web Smart PoE+ Switch
- Quick Installation Guide
- CD-ROM (Utility & User's Guide)
- Power cord (1.8m/6 ft.)
- Rack mount kit
|Token Ring Port||No|
|Number of PoE (RJ-45) Ports||20|
|Number of PoE+ (RJ-45) Ports||4|
|MTBF||257362 Hour| WARNING:
This product contains a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer or birth defects or other reproductive harm. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.