The 12 Gbps SmartRAID 3100 adapters, coupled with 12 Gbps SSDs, provide maximum read/write bandwidth and IOPS as well as acceleration and latency optimization through caching for the most performance-hungry transactional and database applications.
SmartRAID 3100 adapters are full featured RAID adapters with integrated cache backup, up to 1.7 million IOPS, available in up to 24 native ports in LP/MD2, and have SSD caching on most adapter SKUs.
Advancing the performance capabilities of SSD caching to a broader set of application workloads, SmartRAID 315x adapters support read and write-back caching. By caching writes to a redundant SSD cache pool, maxCache 4.0 leverages the performance and latency capabilities of SSD technology for both read and write workloads. The read caching function is also improved with maxCache 4.0, with additional optimizations to the learned-path algorithm and SSD caching software.
Integrated Cache Protection
The SmartRAID family continues Microsemi's battery-free portfolio. The SmartRAID 3100 Series integrates flash-based cache protection to enable instant cache protection. The tethered Microsemi Adaptec ASCM- 35F capacitor module supports a five-year lifetime and is continuously monitored by the Smart firmware to make sure that the data can be safely backed up to the flash memory on the SmartRAID adapter in case of a power loss.
Advanced Data Protection and Ease of Use
Microsemi's industry-leading Smart Storage stack delivers maximum reliability and best-in-class performance that all RAID levels come to expect, plus unique features like Mixed Mode support (RAID and HBA devices can be used simultaneously), adapter power management (reduces power consumption up to 30 percent), and advanced data management features that allow data migration from existing RAID arrays to new ones when upgrading old hard disks or worn-out SSDs. Microsemi's Adaptec maxView provides an HTML5 web interface that can be used in standard desktops and mobile browsers for all storage configuration and management needs. It supports local and remote management, and comes with plugins for major storage management software suites for enterprises and data centers.
- >1.7M 4K random read IOPs, a >60% boost over prior generations
- maxCache 4.0 caching software
- RAID levels: 0, 1, 5, 6, 10, 50, 60, 1 ADM, and 10 ADM
- Supports simultaneous running of RAID and raw devices (mixed mode)
- Fourth-generation Zero-Maintenance Cache Protection (ZMCP), integrated with all SmartRAID 315x products
- Up to 24 native SAS/SATA ports in a LP/MD2 design
- 12 Gbps and 6 Gbps compatibility with HDD or SSD SAS/SATA devices
- 12 Gbps throughput per SAS port using mini-SAS HD connectors
- Microsemi's 12 Gbps SmartROC x8 PCIe Gen3 interface with 12 Gbps SAS ports to enable a new generation of performance