Viking's model CTG-2A is a networked clock controlled tone / message generator designed to provide accurately timed tones and / or messages over an existing paging system. This provides a cost effective way of signaling school period changes, factory shifts, breaks, lunch periods, etc. The CTG-2A has four programmable trigger inputs which are ideal for triggering emergency alert tones / messages to indicate fire evacuation, severe weather, lock down, all clear or can be used in store caster applications for "customer service required" announcements, etc. The CTG-2A can also be used as a master clock to synchronize Viking CL Series wireless clocks, see DOD 466.
The CTG-2A comes equipped with up to 6 minutes of CD quality WAV file audio storage for up to 14 different tones / messages. The unit is factory loaded with common school, business, and factory tones but can be programmed with your custom tones / messages or updated from the list of WAV files from the Viking website.
The CTG-2A can be programmed with up to 14 schedules and up to 1,000 events allowing you to program an entire year or multiple years of schedules in advance. The CTG-2A's extremely accurate time base can be manually synchronized, synchronized with 50 or 60 Hz power or can be programmed to periodically synchronize to network or internet time.
The CTG-2A comes with programming software and a network port to allow PC programming of timed events, schedules, clock synchronization, wave file download, message volume, day light savings time, auxiliary relay control, etc.
- Signal the beginning and end of class periods, breaks and lunch periods for schools
- Signal the beginning and end of shifts, breaks and lunch periods for factories / businesses
- Provide trigger controlled emergency alert messages for fire, flood, severe weather, lock down, etc.
- Provide messages at specific times for store sales, promotions, closing times, airport loading zones, etc.
- Provide auxiliary contact activation at specific times for specific durations for controlling lights, cameras, unlocking doors / gates, etc.
- The CTG-2A can also be used as a Master Clock to synchronize Viking CL Series wireless clocks (DOD 466)