Black Box ASYNC RS-232 to RS-485 Interface Convert
Click image to enlarge or see more views.
Provantage Code: BABX4ME
Condition: Factory New
- Country of Origin: United States
- Form Factor: External
- TAA Compliant: Yes
Black Box IC624A-F Specifications
At a Glance
- Transmit data up to 115 kbps or at distancesup to 4000 ft.
- Operates in point to point or multipoint applications
- Operates 2-wire half-duplex or 4-wire half- or full-duplex.
- async (data leads) only.
- Up to 32 RS485 devices can be attached to create a large multi-drop network
- The RS485 driver is automatically enabled during each spacing state on the RS232 side.
- The RS-232 connector is DB9F; the RS-485 connector is RJ-45; other connectors are available (see Related Items).
- Built-in silicon avalanche diode surge protection against data loss and equipment damage from transient surges.
- You can also "fine tune" impedance and "echo" characteristics for your individual application.
- For configuration, the converter features two internal 4-position DIP switches.
- Up to 31 multi point device drops in a polling environment
- Operates asynchronously, point-to-point or multi point, over 2 or 4 wires
- Data rates up to 115.2 Kbps
- Passes transmit and receive data, one control signal in each direction
- Variable high/low impedance settings
- No AC power or batteries required
- Able to operate with or without "echo."
- Carrier can be set as "constantly on"
|Product Name||ASYNC RS-232 to RS-485 Interface Convert|
|Product Type||Transceiver/Media Converter|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports||1|
|Total Number of Ports||2|
|Maximum Distance Supported||15 Mile|
|Country of Origin||United States|
|Limited Warranty||1 Year|