Tripp Lites SRCOOL33K is a computer room air conditioner meant for general computer room area cooling or supplemental cooling for large server rooms. The SRCOOL33K uses a new compressor technology that drastically cuts the energy consumption over a standard air conditioning model. It uses an inverter driven DC (direct current) variable speed compressor. A typical air conditioner uses an AC (alternating current) compressor that is either 100% on or 100% off. Each time the compressor turns on there are enormous in-rush current spikes. The unit runs for several minutes to cool the space then turns completely off. This start/stop sequence is not the most efficient way of running. Summary
Tripp Lite uses the inverter driven, variable speed, DC compressor technology. During start-up the SRCOOL33K has a slow-start feature that spools the compressor up slowly. This prevents the high in-rush current spike seen in AC driven compressors. Another feature is that it doesnt need to run full on, then full off. The SRCOOL33K starts off at approximately 25% of its max cooling capacity. After two minutes, based on temperature and airflow readings, the unit steps up to 50% of max capacity. After an additional 2 minutes,if the current cooling capacity its running at is not sufficient, it increases again to 75% of max capacity. It will continue to increase to 100% of max cooling capacity after another two minutes if needed At any one of these first three steps (25%, 50%, or 75%) if the environment can sufficiently be cooled at a given step level, the unit will not go up to the next highest level. This way you are only running the unit as high as needed without overkill (like a typical AC compressor thats at 100% all the time when on.) Once the room starts cooling from these step levels the unit, again from temperature and pressure readings, starts to throttle down to a lower level. It chooses this level and constantly adjusts to simply maintain the cool in the room. Again, no start and stop like typical units. Just a slow steady cruise control rate to maintain the room environment.
- 33,000 BTU of cooling power
- Variable-speed, DC-inverter-driven compressor and microprocessor- controlled electronic expansion valve (EEV) enable precision cooling adjustments--no more wasteful, noisy cycling between off and full blast
- Soft-start feature limits inrush current to prevent introduction of line noise, voltage disruptions and potential circuit overloads
- Self-contained, zero-maintenance unit re-humidifies condensate and expels it through the exhaust air stream--no floor drain, water collection tank, external condenser, refrigerant piping, duct work or plumbing required
- Convenient LCD control panel and network interface provide local and remote monitoring and control of temperature, humidity, fan speed, alarms and logging via front-panel buttons, SNMP, Web, telnet or Modbus
- Row-based airflow path maximizes hot-aisle/cold- aisle efficiency and cooling predictability by supplying cold intake air high in the cold aisle and removing hot equipment exhaust air high in the hot aisle
- Eco-friendly R410A refrigerant meets environmental standards worldwide
- 200-240V AC Input, 50/60 Hz frequency compatibility
In the boxAbstract
- 10 foot L6-30P input cordset
- Hot exhaust air removal tube (4 pcs)
Tripp Lite's SRCOOL33K row-based air conditioning unit provides advanced features that keep your equipment performing at its peak and saves money, time and worry. It costs up to 38% less per BTU of cooling capacity vs. the leading competitor (based on ERP), even less when installation costs are considered as the SRCOOL33K requires no start-up service or electrician. By delivering 33,000 BTU (9.7kW) of cooling power in the cold aisle, the SRCOOL33K promotes temperature uniformity from 1U to 42U. An Electronic Expansion Valve (EEV) and inverter-driven compressor provide precision cooling adjustments that eliminate wasteful, noisy On/Off cycling. Controlling the unit is simple with the convenient, easy-to-use LCD screen, or control the unit from anywhere in the world via Web, telnet/SSH, SNMP or included Modbus card. The SRCOOL33K can be user-installed and features a standard heavy-duty L6-30P input plug for easy installation and up-front cost savings.
|Product Name||Rack Cooling In-Row Air Conditioner 208V/240V 33K BTU|
|Product Type||Floor Standing Air Conditioner|
|Cooling Capacity||33000 BTU/h|
|Input Voltage||220 V AC|
|Operating Mode||Dehumidification Mode|
|Limited Warranty||1 Year|
Making a Large Volume Purchase?
|You may be able to save even more on your order if you meet the following Tripp Lite BIG DEAL qualifications:|
Purchase a minimum of $1,500 for hardware, or $750 for cables.
Not enough in stock? No problem! We can ship your large quantity order direct from Tripp Lite's warehouse. These orders typically ship within 2-3 business days.
Email us at email@example.com, or contact a Provantage account representative at 800-336-1166.
For more information, see Volume Purchases and Big Deal Registration.
Visit the Manufacturer