The Symantec Backup Exec 2012: Administration course is designed for the data protection professional tasked with backing up and restoring critical data. This five-day, Instructor-led, hands-on class covers how to back up and restore data, configure storage devices, manage media, and maintain the Backup Exec database.
Students also learn how to configure and work with various Backup Exec Agents, which protect applications like Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft SQL. The course also covers the Remote Agent for Linux and UNIX Servers, Agent for Active Directory, Virtual Environment Agents, and Backup Exec Private Cloud Services.
In addition, students learn how to configure and work with Backup Exec Options, such as the Deduplication option and the Archiving Option.
The new features and enhancements introduced in Backup Exec 2012 are also discussed in this course.Be 2012 Administrator 5 Day Training by Symantec - Training
Product Specifications Compare with other products.
||Backup Exec 2012 Administration
||This course is for system administrators, system engineers, technical support personnel, consultants, network administrators, backup administrators, backup operators, and others who are responsible for installing, configuring, and administering Backup Exec 2012.
||Symantec Backup Exec 2012 - Install and Configure:
- Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: Backup Exec Fundamentals
- Lesson 2: Devices and Media
- Lesson 3: Backing Up Data
- Lesson 4: Restoring Data
- Lesson 5: Performance Tuning and Database Maintenance
- Lesson 6: Virtual Machine Conversion
- Lesson 7: Simplified Disaster Recovery
- Appendix A: What is New in Backup Exec 2012
- Appendix B: End of Life Items
Symantec Backup Exec 2012 - Manage and Administer:
- Course Introduction
- Lesson 1: Remote Agents
- Lesson 2: Agent for Applications and Databases
- Lesson 3: Agent for Microsoft SQL Server
- Lesson 4: Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server
- Lesson 5: Agent for SharePoint Server
- Lesson 6: Virtual Environment Agents
- Lesson 7: Archiving Options for Backup Exec 2012
- Lesson 8: Deduplication Option
- Lesson 9: Backup Exec Private Cloud Services
||You must have working knowledge of administration and configuration of the Windows Server 2003, and Windows Server 2008 platforms. You must also have experience configuring server software and hardware. Knowledge of domain security and experience with Active Directory and Windows Server 2008 are recommended.