Accessory products for your KVM switch.Summary
Manage your servers from anywhere in the world! StarTech.com`s SV1115IPEXT allows complete, remote administrative control and monitoring of servers from anywhere in the world over the Internet. The external server Remote control unit allows BIOS level control of a target server or servers connected to a KVM switch over a TCP/IP network and allows administrators to control, reset and reboot servers in a datacenter from a remote location and even watch the entire boot process remotely. SV1115IPEXT also offers the ability to transfer files to the server from a remote location as well as the ability to upload files to a virtual USB RAM drive. Providing three USB 2.0 ports that offer simple connection of local peripheral devices (keyboard, mouse, USB drive, USB CD ROM, USB flash drive, modem, etc.), SV1115IPEXT also provides remote CD-ROM emulation allowing you to install or update your server`s operating system via an Internet connection, making this powerful server administration tool ideal for ISP or ASP datacenters where downtime is not acceptable.
StarTech.com's External server Remote control unit can be controlled from any web browser, eliminating the need for proprietary client access software, and in turn saving thousands of dollars in per user licensing fees. Security is assured for your sensitive data, using several security mechanisms, including Radius Authentication, SSH tunneling, etc. Compatible with most existing KVM switches SV1115IPEXT provides full cross-platform and multiple operating system support.
Server Remote control is about more than just servers. Using the Serial Remote Interface Module (RPORT) you can interact with virtually any device that uses a RS-232 serial terminal interface like routers, switches, environmental controls, alarm systems, and more. During down time access your servers out-of-band to ensure rapid recovery. You can also use StarTech.coms 8 outlet Remote Power Module (PCM815SHNA) to power computers and equipment on and off using an interactive menu.
- Able to connect USB devices such as a keyboard, mouse, USB drive, USB CD ROM, USB flash drive
- Allows for disk emulation and file transfers, including completely remote application and operating system installations
- Allows remote hardware restarts and the ability to power the host computer on and off, if the host computer you are managing supports IPMI (Intelligent Platform Management Interface)
- Includes direct dial in capability, via modem
- Obtains an IP address using DHCP or manual static configuration
- Offers secure management options including SSL encryption, SSH tunneling, and RADIUS authentication
- On Screen Display offers convenient control and configuration options
- Platform independent: can be managed using any Java-enabled Web browser and connected to virtually any host server or computer that supports PS/2 or USB input devices
- Supports 16 bit video for a richer quality of picture when accessing the remote server either through the web browser or VNC client
- Supports industry-standard networking and management protocols (i.e.TCP/IP and SNMP)
- Transfers data at speeds up to 920 Kbps
- Users can reboot the system, access the BIOS, and have full control over the keyboard and mouse - as if they are on site
The SV1115IPEXT IP KVM Switch is a comprehensive server remote control solution that offers complete, administrative control and monitoring of servers from anywhere in the world, over IP (LAN, Internet). Providing BIOS level control of target servers connected to a KVM switch over a TCP/IP network, this is the ideal solution for controlling, resetting and rebooting servers from off-site locations - eliminating the time and expense needed to send a technician out to service, monitor, or reboot the remote computers/servers. The SV1115IPEXT not only offers the ability to transfer files to servers and computers connected through IP, but also to upload files to a virtual USB RAM drive, which is accessible by the connected computer - a perfect solution for driver updates, system patches, and complete remote application and operating system installations.
|Product Name||1-Port External Server Remote Control KVM Over IP w/Virtual Media|
|Product Type||KVM Console/Extender|
|Number of Computers Supported||1|
|Green Compliance Certificate/Authority||RoHS|
|Maximum Video Resolution||1600 x 1200|
|Number of Network (RJ-45) Ports||2|
|Number of USB Ports||4|
|Number of PS/2 Ports||4|
|Number of VGA Ports||2|
|Input Voltage||5 V DC|
|Additional Information||w/Virtual Media & Serial|
|Limited Warranty||2 Year|
Making a Large Volume Purchase?
|You may be able to save even more on your order if you meet the following StarTech.com BIG DEAL qualifications:|
Purchase a minimum of $3,000, or 200 units of the same product to qualify.
Email us at email@example.com, or contact a Provantage account representative at 800-336-1166.
For more information, see Volume Purchases and Big Deal Registration.
Visit the Manufacturer